The USPP programme seeks individuals who have a strong interest in data science and analytics and who are passionate about applying these techniques to help shape and improve urban planning and policy.
Applicants from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds are welcomed. Applicants to the USPP programme should possess the following:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree or above
• Proficiency in English (A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 580 / 92 / 237 is required if English was not the medium of instruction in your last degree)
1. Prepare your application materials, including:
• Your Statement of Objectives (1,000 words)
• Original Bachelor’s and Master’s degree transcript and certificate
Please provide your latest official transcripts and official letter of certification from your institution stating the expected date of graduation or award of degree if you have not graduated from your degree programme. For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided.
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
If the medium of instruction during your last degree was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
• Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report Not required, but GRE scores will be considered if they are included in the application.
• Names, titles & e-mail addresses of your 2 Recommenders
Recommenders should be academic faculty who can gauge your scholastic capabilities and achievements and your ability to complete the programme. Do notify your recommenders beforehand as they must submit their respective online recommendations within 1 week after you submit your application.
• Relevant supporting documents
Academic and/or industry portfolio, awards, publications, etc.
• Identity Card or Passport
2. Submit your online application early to facilitate processing.
3. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview (in-person, Skype or telephone)
4. Admissions letters are sent out together with details of any awarded scholarships
Several scholarships are available for both Singaporean/PR and international students admitted into the MUSPP. Scholarships are offered as full scholarships (tuition and some living expenses) or partial scholarships. Scholarships are bond-free and will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, leadership and other qualities.
You may indicate that you would like to be considered for scholarships in the online application, and awardees will be notified upon acceptance to the Master’s programme.
By 31 March
By May 31
Fees for students admitted in AY2017
For reference only; fees for AY2018 to be announced
Singapore Citizens: $13,600
Permanent Residents: $19,050
International Students: $38,520